Custom-embroidered logo shirts and apparel by Queensboro

Mar 22, 2010

Battle of the Oorah winners

Well, of course they aren't really battling. But I want everyone to take a listen at the past 2 winners of Oorah's singing competition. 2009's winner Yonatan Shlagbaum & 2010's winner Eli Levin. They both have spectacular voices. The question is who do you love? Now, I think that Levin had a better song, a Baruch Levine composition, but song aside, whose voice just agrees with your eardrums!? It's a tough call for me, but I think... Ya, like I really was going to tell you :P.
Here are their songs below under their pictures. You decide!
(Please note: Don't judge it by the song, judge it by the voice)




8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just to let you know I just heard Shlagbaum at a wedding at Crest Hollow in Long island and he was amazing, everyone kept on asking who he was and I told them he won the Oorah competiion last year.I am making a simcha this summer and I am thinking of hiring him!

Anonymous said...

Schlagbaum. Hands Down. Much Sweeter Voice. Very Pleasant to Listen to.

Anonymous said...

Let's get something straight here.. first of all, to compare singers like this is not the way to do it.. no one has ever compared yaakov Shwekey to Avraham Fried and granted we arent comparing our OOrah winners to them, but you just don't do that on a public forum.. but we are here already so why not speak your mind..
I have to honestly say that although Eli Levin has a great voice, he did have the opportunity to sing a Baruch Levine composition, as Shlagbaum did not.. and i am not crazy about the Levin song, but you have to be real music stupid not to choose JM Shlag's voice on this one.. the guy has a professional sound and his control is better.. he is up and coming, so you better watch out for him..
-peace out from the "other JM"..

JMDerech said...

I'm trying to encourage feedback from readers. I don't publish slander. I appreciate your feedback

Anonymous said...

ya gotta love the shlagbaum song!

Efriam Weinfeld said...

I'm gonna go with Levin because I watched the oorah video with him singing a different song, very good sings fresh music, plays guitar ,and looks a lot cooler. P.s. no one voted for him yet so thats another reason why he gets my vote.

Anonymous said...

shlagbaum gets my vote

Anonymous said...

I happen to love Ki Yitzpineini - it was an amzing song, and I think that yonatan Shlagbaum definitely shows his vocal power and potential. Eli Levin's song was also very nice, but he didn't impress me as much with his voice.

Advertisements

Step It Up

Followers