Custom-embroidered logo shirts and apparel by Queensboro

Mar 24, 2010

8th Day - Now I'm a fan!


I was always skeptical when it came to the group 8th day (Bentzy & Shmuel Marcus). However, with the new Oorah CD, I have become an 8th day convert. To tell you the truth, I never even gave them a chance, and I'm at fault. I never made much of the brothers from out of L.A. I just figured they were amateurs and it wasn't worth a listen. Let me tell you something, boy was I wrong!

It's Shabbos Now, their song on the new Oorah album is so catchy, I'm just walking around humming the tune and singing "aye yai yai na na na num". Don't know what I'm talking about? Listen to the song above from the Oorah album. You won't regret it!

Check them out at my8thday.com!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

are you kidding me!! the marcus bros are ridoncoulos!! there songs are so original, funky and amazing, they have composed a lot of songs for instance on benny friedmans album the songs taamu and yaavducha. It is like a breath of fresh air to here such a unique style in a jewish music world in which all songs have the same feel to them

Anonymous said...

wow. i did not think they were frum! I found some youtube of them, i think it was the telethon. great new stuff. for sure the next big thing in JM!!

Anonymous said...

I definitely agree. Their song on the Oorah album was incredible and every time I hear it I wonder where the talent came from to compose such a song.

hillelKAPS said...

very very maskim. i live the country style.

Advertisements

Step It Up

Followers