Custom-embroidered logo shirts and apparel by Queensboro

Jul 13, 2011

In Memory of Leibby Kletzky a"h

I have been walking around like a zombie today and unable to function like a normal person since waking up to the news of Leibby's brutal murder. As a parent, and more importantly a person with feelings, I am shaken to the core that this is the outcome of the past 2 days of searching. It is not our place to question Hashem, or to try to dissect the story to see how the outcome could have been different. If it was the will of Hashem that Leibby be found safe and sound, he would have been found safe and sound. As far as his family, I cannot even begin to imagine what they are going through right now.

As the day has progressed, I have been thinking what can we take out from this story and how can we learn from this horrific story. I came up with 2 things to take from it:

1. There was a tremendous display of achdus in the Jewish Community in NY and worldwide. This is something that is a total zechus to Leibby. Why does it have to stop? Why can we not continue to have achdus with all the other yidden we know. It doesn't make a difference what hat or yarmulka (and even those who don't) we wear, we are all the Chosen people and we are all brothers in all situations. I have seen unbelievable displays of achdus in Chicago in good times as well, and there is no reason why this cannot be done worldwide.

2. As parents, my wife and I try to be protective of our children, and teach them to be as safe as possible at all times. My kids know on the tip of their tongue "No, Go, Tell." I am not chas v'shalom trying to say that Leibby's parents did anything wrong, or that the murder could have been averted, but this is an eye opener for us and a reminder of what we need to do. Parents, safety is not a convenience, it's absolute. It's something you need to be aware and on top of, and to train your kids!

Bsuros tovos!

Shimmy

No comments:

Advertisements

Step It Up

Followers