Custom-embroidered logo shirts and apparel by Queensboro

Sep 20, 2010

Time for a new year


You may have noticed I have been gone for a while. If you didn't, you probably don't read this blog. In that case, why am I even mentioning it if you're not reading this! It has been a crazy whirlwind from the summer until now, and the whirlwind isn't over, but the thick of the storm is.

Since the summer, I've had a baby boy, my first child. Helped run a day camp. Had some of the toughest college courses to date and now, moved to Chicago from New York. And now, the job hunt begins. Must...get...out...of...the...house. Plus, I have to make a whole new set of friends here in Chicago, because I don't know anyone. Finally, I'm stuck in the middle of golus-ville with my in-laws for the time being, where there are only a minyan of frum jews. Why? Because I have to find a parnassah before I find an apartment. Oy, lets hope Yom Kippur davening worked.

Back to music. Apparently Chicago is a little hefker this year for sukkos time. The only concert this sukkos is the chabad concert featuring Mendy and Sruly Werdyger. Really? That's the only concert in a huge city of frum yidden? Skokie is having there first ever simcha beis hashoeiva with hometown orchestra, Evan Shisea. I'm not sure what else is going on, because I'm not familiar with the area.

Shalsheles 5 is very very good. I'm going to try to find the time to write a review for it. Mizumen is definitely not for me, but I'm sure there are people out there who will appreciate the music and lyrics on that cd. Mendy Werdyger I'm not going to even touch, because I know that I don't appreciate that genre of music. I'm trying to stay away from the typical chassidishe music, because the horn instruments give me headaches.

I know that Michoel Pruzansky's third album should be out sometime this year. It's called MP3 (clever). Personally, I would like to here some more Aryeh Kunstler styled music out there. A little change of pace would be nice.

Stay with me here on this blog for unbiased reviews and less advertisement posts.

Advertisements

Step It Up

Followers